2023 BEST PRACTICES CONFERENCE
The 5th Annual Best Practices 2023 EXPO & Conference will convene Equipment Sales Engineers and Manufacturing Personnel interested in Sustainable, Safe and Reliable On-Site Utilities Powering Automation – including compressed air, blower, vacuum, pneumatics, motors and cooling water systems.
Receive Credits for 8 PDH Hours on Three Key “Best Practices” Topics
- Sustainability: Learn to dramatically reduce energy and water consumption in plants through System Assessments.
- High-Quality and Safety: Protect food products or high-tech equipment from contamination. Learn how to set a specification and verify compliance.
- Reliability: Maximize Up-time through proper sizing, system design and monitoring instrumentation.
On-Site Utility Sustainability: Energy & Cooling Water Conservation
Receive actionable project ideas on how to reduce the water and energy consumption of your plant. Learn the latest system assessment techniques from world-class auditors. Learn technology deployment strategies from leaders of associations like the Compressed Air & Gas Institute and the Compressed Air Challenge. Meet experts who can answer questions regarding system automation, measurement and monitoring to verify energy savings.
On-Site Utility Reliability, Safety and Quality
Learn techniques to improve production up-time with high-quality and reliable on-site utilities. Discuss the establishment of compressed air specifications and compliance verification for the safe production of food, beverage and drug products – and to reduce production spoilage/reject rates. Receive maintenance check-lists and training to maintain required pressures and flows.
Compressed Air Challenge
Level 1: Fundamentals of Compressed Air Systems
Limited capacity – Register early!
Tuesday, October 24, (Part 1) 10:15 am – 12:15 pm (Part 2) 2:00 – 4:00 pm
Wednesday, October 25, (Part 3) 8:00 – 12:00 pm
Chief Auditor, Marshall Compressed Air Consulting
Consultant, Draw Professional Services
Limited to 60 attendees
Must attend all sessions to complete training
This is a two-day introductory course designed to teach facility engineers, operators and maintenance staff how to achieve 15-25% cost savings through more effective production and use of compressed air. Participants will learn how to:
- Calculate the energy cost of compressed air in their facility;
- Improve compressed air system efficiency and reliability;
- Identify inappropriate uses of compressed air;
- Establish a baseline by which they can measure improvements in compressed air performance and efficiency;
- Match system supply to actual production requirements for pressure and flow;
- Find and fix leaks;
- Establish a leak prevention program, and
- Better control compressed air to improve productivity and profitability.
Workshops only open to distributors, engineering firms/consultants and manufacturing personnel who are paid registrants of the full conference package. Not available to single-day registrants.
Compressed Air & Gas Institute (CAGI)
Certified Compressed Air System Specialist (CCASS) Exam
CAGI’s personnel certification program for compressed air system specialists provides a means of verifying the capabilities of professionals in the compressed air systems industry. The program will allow customers, utilities, employers, and others to have confidence in the skills and abilities of the professionals in the industry who design, service, sell, and install compressed air systems and compressed air systems equipment. The program has been designed to comply with the ISO 17024 standard, Conformity Assessment – General Requirements for Bodies Operating Certification of Persons.
* The CCASS exam is available to any compressed air professional, regardless of education, background, or work experience.
CAGI CCASS Exam Schedule at the Best Practices 2023 EXPO & Conference
Monday, October 23, 2:00 pm
Tuesday, October 24, 2:00 pm
Wednesday, October 25, 8:30 am & 2:00 pm
*The exam takes approximately 90 minutes to complete. Students must be seated 15 minutes prior to exam time.
** The CCASS exam is available to any compressed air professional, regardless of education, background, or work experience. Limited to 6 per exam.
Step 1: Register for the CCASS exam on the CAGI website. Tap “Register for Exam,” Tap “CCASS Logo,” Tap on “Exam Catalog” to access registration for on-site exams at the Best Practices EXPO. Cost is $275 and you will receive the equivalent $275 credit for our programs.
Step 2: Register for an expo hall or conference pass at https://cabpexpo.com/registration/.